Saturday, May 8, 2010

THE WHORE

As I walk right through the mist

Distant faces jump out at me

Calling out to hold my hand

Seeing me and embracing me

Out of the crowd one face stands out
Not a word, nor a smile

Just a face like cold hard tile,

But in her eyes just then I saw

A look of love and of faith a look gone too soon to know

Why she looked at me so

Too soon to know why she came

Was she there or am I insane

A look of warmth like I’d never known

Who was she now, why was she there?

Why my breath did she ensnare?

And now I return back to my cave

Where love not permeates, only hate

Cold, and low, it’s freezing back there,

But, now i know i will survive

For now i know

A breath so rare

A warmth so deep, like I’d never known

Warmth so warm that’s found nowhere

I’ll come again, will you be there?

No comments:

Post a Comment